Installation Instructions: Mac OS X (Leopard) with Novatel Wireless Drivers for EVDO modems-3.0.13
The following describes how to connect to the Internet using a Novatel Wireless EVDO modem and an Apple® computer running: Macintosh OS X v10.5.1 or greater. It is recommended that you update to the latest version for best performance.
Before you can connect to service provider with a Novatel Wireless modem, you will need the following:
- An active account with a service provider
- A Novatel Wireless activated EVDO modem
- PC Card Models - S620, V620, S720, V720
- ExpressCard34 Models - V640, XS620, XV620, EX720, MX720, V740
- USB Models - MCD3000, U720, USB720, MC727, U727, USB727, MC760, U760, USB760, CC760, CC777
- MiFi Model - MiFi2200
- An Apple®: computer with the appropriate device interface (PC Card, ExpressCard34 or USB)
Setting Up Your Equipment
- Power on your Apple®::computer.
- Close all open files / applications because you will need to reset your computer to complete the installation.
- Download 20418672_Novatel_MacDriverInstaller_v3.0.13-001-PS.zip
- Unzip the file and run the installer package - 3G_Drivers_v3.0.13-PS.pkg
- Installation Steps
- Insert the modem into the computer.
Setting Up the Network Connections
In this section, you will configure the TCP/IP, PPP, and modem network connection settings.
- Make sure the card is completely inserted.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple () menu.
- Click the Network button in the System Preferences window.
- In the Network window, select Novatel Wireless Device
Note: If this is the 1st time the device has been seen, you may have a pop-up window indicating "New Interface detected".
or if Novatel Wireless device does not exist click '+' to add.
- Now create a configuration.
- In the Network window, select Advanced to configure Modem to connect to network.
- Ensure the Vendor is Novatel and Model is CDMA, then click on OK
- Click Apply for the new settings to take effect.
- Go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Network
- Select Novatel Wireless device on the left
- Then choose either Connect or Disconnect
Uninstalling the Novatel Wireless Modem Software
To remove Novatel Wireless Modem files from your machine, delete the following files (requires Administrator permissions):